Privacy Notice To Our Members
We provide this notice because you have a right to know the privacy of the personal information you share with us. We welcome the opportunity to describe how KSKJ Life protects your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information needed only to service and administer your business with us. The type of information that we collect depends on the type of product or service you request. This includes:
- Information you provide on an application or other form (for example, name, address, Social Security number, or income).
- Information from credit reporting agencies and information to verify employment or income.
- Information about your past transactions with us.
- Medical or health information you provide us and permit us to receive from doctors, other health care providers, prescription services and other parties such as MIB (Medical Information Bureau).
How do we use and disclose your information?
- We do not sell information about you.
- We do not share your information with anyone else for marketing purposes.
- We use your personal information only to help transact the business you have with us.
We use your information to:
- Underwrite certificates.
- Process claims.
- Confirm your identity.
- Service your certificates with us.
Information may be disclosed to other entities that perform services for us related to our transactions with you. This includes underwriting, claims, and member services. Before we disclose your information, these entities must agree to keep it private. Information may be disclosed to entities with whom we have a joint marketing agreement that offer products we believe may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. We may also share information with our affiliates to provide services and products to you.
We may disclose information when it is permitted or required by law.
- To accountants or auditors.
- In response to a subpoena.
- To our attorneys.
- To prevent fraud.
- To comply with a request from a regulatory agency.
We may receive health information about you. We do not share that health information without your proper written authorization or as permitted or required by law.
How do we protect the security of your information?
Should your relationship with us end, we will continue to follow the privacy policies described in this notice to the extent that we retain information about you. If we no longer need to retain that information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
Commitment to privacy